Low Voltage Crowbar
The medium voltage module Low voltage crowbar ha due componenti del circuito principale:
- An ignition panel that measures the high voltage input and generates a thyristor ignition impulse if the voltage exceeds a certain threshold
- A thyristor assembly that when activated short-circuits the anode and the cathode in order to discharge the circuit.
- The Crowbar has a faster response than the DC field switch
- The discharge of the field through Crowbar is linear while in the DC Field breaker it is not linear
- System life is longer if the DC switch is not used
- Maintenance is not required in Crowbar while in DC Field breaker, due to mechanical operations, regular maintenance is required.
|Diode type||Press pack/stud or power module||Cooling system||Natural air||Mounting||Wall mounting||Altitude||1000 m. a.s.l.||Climate||Temperate||Min./Max. operating temperature||0 ÷ 40 °C||Storage temperature||-40 ÷ 55 °C||Relative humidity||10 ÷ 90 % (0 ÷ 40 °C)|